A few fun updates from Joel’s house…
– Yesterday, while wearing my face mask, I thought it’d be a good idea to clean the front of it with an alcohol wipe. Turned out to be a horrible idea. I nearly fainted. Lessons learned – don’t put chemicals right near the breathing hole.
– Speaking of disinfectant wipes, I just learned my wife has been using them to clean our dog. I was wondering why his fur felt so strange lately!
– Wednesday, I was brewing beer and cleaning the kitchen windows at the same time. Somehow, part of the windowsill broke off and fell into my beer bucket. Since I don’t have the tools to fish it out, it’s just going to sit in fermentation for the next 2 weeks. I’m calling this batch “windowsill ale”.
– Last week my wife finally cleaned out her messy closet. She dug up one of my favorite old sweaters I’ve been missing for 3 years! As happy as I am, I have a sneaking suspicion she’s been hiding it from me all along. 🤷🏻♂️ I guess we’ve reached that sneaky stage in our relationship!
– This week we ran out of coffee. Our neighbors saved the day and generously gave us some of their fancy imported grinds from the Netherlands. How nice! I’ve been enjoying it all week, even though I learned it expired in 2013. 🙁
Have a great weekend everyone!