Yesterday I saw someone texting while driving and they nearly hit a bicyclist! 😠
Later, I saw another driver throw a cigarette butt and some trash out of their window. 🤦♂️
Last week, one of my friends posted an extremely insensitive comment on social media.😞
I came across this comment recently…
“It’s okay that we can disagree respectfully, but we need to love unconditionally”
I’m a believer in unconditional love… But how can I “love” these people when they’re doing things that are the opposite of what I stand for? How can I love people who are being assholes!!?
Here’s some tips and things I’m working on…
Unconditional love means:
- Being patient with others
- Trying to educate (respectfully!)
- Listening. Even if I disagree with their views
- Walking away and being the bigger person if need
- Forgiving people when they do stuff wrong
Here’s WHY I am practicing unconditional love:
- Leading by example is one of the best ways to spread goodness to the world
- By showing unconditional love I could change someone’s mind, or even change their life!
- I’m happier when I love instead of hate
- When I show love, others love and respect me more
Have a great Sunday, all!